Professional Indemnity Insurance
Professional Indemnity Insurance is recommended for anyone who provides advice or services of a skilful nature. The policy provides protection for your assets against claims for financial loss, injury or damage arising from an act, error or omission in the performance of your professional services.
If your client suffers a loss as a result of your failure to uphold professional standards, you risk being sued for a breach of professional duty. This loss may be material, financial or physical.
A professional indemnity insurance policy will usually provide cover for a “breach of professional duty”, specifically:
- A breach of duty;
- Unintentional libel, slander and defamation;
- Unintentional infringement of copyright, trademarks, designs, patents or plagiarism;
- Loss, damage or destruction of any documents or records in the insured’s control and reasonable costs to replace and restore such documents;
- Unintentional breaches of the Trade Practices Act; and/or
- Any actual or alleged dishonest, fraudulent, malicious or criminal act or omission by an employee.
Contact us today
Please contact a Knightcorp representative today to discuss your details further.