We would like to take a moment to thank everyone for supporting our riders in the 2016 Perth Ride to Conquer Cancer. As a group we raised over $44,000 contributing to the $4 million raised for the Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research.
It was definitely a Ride to remember! The terrible weather on Saturday, including rain, hail and very strong winds was an enormous challenge for our Knight-Riders.
As a result of all our efforts, you have helped bring Professor Alistair Forrest back to Australia (a world authority on cancer and genes), as well as funding cancer research projects for the Perkins in several areas, including:
- New methods to tackle pancreatic cancer
- Devising a new way to target liver cancer using nanoparticles
- Developing a tiny RNA, called a microRNA, to treat liver and head and neck cancer
- Developing an innovative way to treat triple negative breast cancer
- Treating advanced melanoma with small RNAs
We are very proud to have been a part of such a great event and to have raised the amount we did for an amazing cause with your help!
Thank you again and maybe we will see you riding alongside us next year?
We are so proud of our Knight-Riders, not only have they contributed to ground-breaking, critical cancer research, they have successfully achieved their goals as a team.
Its not too late to donate! The Knight-Riders are collecting donations until the end of November. Click Here To Donate